CURRENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT UNITED WAY OF CENTRAL VIRGINIA
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
Seeking a visionary marketing and communications professional that can bring United Way’s evolving brand to life and illustrate our mission and work; serve as the face of United Way in the media; and write in a way that excites, engages and motivates the community to take action.
Position: Director of Marketing & Communications
Education: Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications or related field strongly preferred.
Reports to: Reports to the Executive Director
Skills: The Director of Marketing & Communications is an integral part of the overall operation of United Way of Central Virginia and is a critical driver of the organization’s brand strategy. The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong written and public speaking skills and the ability to effectively use communications to advance the organization’s brand strategy.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of initiative.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders.
- Able to be resourceful and creative in an environment with limited resources.
- A genuine desire to support the mission of the United Way of Central Virginia and to help those in need.
- Familiarity with the Central Virginia market a plus, but not required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages the organization’s brand and ensures that it is expressed in all our communication channels including advertising, promotions, presentations, digital media and community relationships.
- Maintains positive relationships with regional media outlets to ensure favorable placement of messaging as needed.
- Serve as a spokesperson for United Way, including representing organization in the community at public events, media engagements, on boards and committees, as needed.
- Responsible for all aspects of organizational and campaign print materials.
- Develops and maintains written material for web site, social media, press releases, print ads, articles and other channels and creates marketing materials to support the organization’s strategies.
- Leads the development of videos for advertising and social media channels.
- Plans and manages all United Way events, including creating new events to further United Way’s community impact mission.
- Recruits volunteers to support events.
- Develops marketing materials and promotions for events.
- Manages the event budget and maintains monthly revenue reports.
This position assists with other areas of the organization as needed, at the request of the Executive Director.
Cutoff date: February 28, 2019
Both Cover Letter and Resume Required. If you choose to mail your documents to physical address listed below please note that the cutoff date is the deadline for mailed material to arrive IN OUR OFFICE—postmarking by that date is not sufficient.
Attention: Bill Varner
United Way of Central Virginia
1010 Miller Park Square
Lynchburg, VA 24502